Immigration Attorney Nelson A. Castillo in Los Angeles, California, offers personalized service and immigration solutions to his clients.
We assist businesses and individuals with the following immigration matters:
IMMIGRANT – PERMANENT STATUS
- Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens: Unmarried children under 21, Spouse, Parent, Widow /Widower (under certain circumstances).
- First Preference: Unmarried sons or daughters (over age 21) of U.S. citizens.
- Second Preference: (2A) Spouses and unmarried children (under age 21) of LPRs; (2B) Unmarried sons and daughters (over age 21) of LPRs.
- Third Preference: Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens.
- Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens.
IMMIGRANT – PERMANENT STATUS
- EB1 – First Preference: Persons of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers, Multinational Executives and Managers
- EB2 – Second Preference: Members of Professions holding Advanced Degrees or Aliens of Exceptional Ability.
- EB3 – Third Preference: Skilled Workers, Professionals and other workers.
- EB4 – Fourth Preference – Special Immigrants, such as Religious Workers, Commuters from Border, Retired G-4 (Employee of international Organizations), Returning Residents and Ministers of Religion.
- EB5 – Fifth Preference – Employment Creation Investors
NONIMMIGRANT – TEMPORARY STATUS
- B-1/B-2 Visitor : B-1 – for Business / B-2 – for Pleasure
- WB – Temporary business visitor under visa waiver program
- E-1 – Treaty Trader
- E-2 – Treaty Investor
- E-3 – Profesionales de Tratado de Libre Comercio de Australia, incluidos sus cónyuges e hijos
- F-1 – Academic Student
- F-3 – Canadian or Mexican national academic commuter students
- G – Representatives of International Organizations
- H-1B – Specialty Occupation
- H-1B1 – Free Trade Agreement workers in a specialty occupation from Chile and Singapore
- H-1B2 – Specialty occupations related to Department of Defense cooperative research and development projects or co-productions projects.
- H-1B3 – Fashion models of distinguished merit and ability
- H-1C – Registered Nurses working in a health professional shortage area
- H-2A – Temporary Agricultural Workers
- H-2B – Temporary workers performing other services or labor of a temporary or seasonal nature
- H-3 – Training in a program not primarily for employment
- I – Representatives of Foreign News Media
- J 1- Exchange Visitor
- K – Fiancé/e of U.S. Citizen
- L-1A – Intracompany transferees in managerial or executive positions
- L-1B -Intracompany transferees in positions utilizing specialized knowledge
- M-1 – Vocational Students
- M-3 – Canadians or Mexican national vocational commuter students
- O-1, O-2, O-3 – Extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, athletics, education, or business.
- P-1A – Internationally recognized athletes
- P-1B – Internationally recognized entertainers or members of internationally recognized entertainment groups
- P-2 – Individual performer or part of a group entering to perform under a reciprocal exchange program
- P-3 – Artists or entertainers, either an individual or group, to perform, teach, or coach under a program that is culturally unique
- Q – International Cultural Exchange Program
- R-1, R-2 – Religious Vocation or Profession
- TN – North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) temporary professionals from Mexico and Canada
- Dependents of the Above
HUMANITARIAN IMMIGRATION BENEFITS
•Battered spouse, children and parents of U.S. citizens or permanent residents (VAWA)
•Victims of human trafficking and other crimes (T and U visas)
•Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)
•Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
•Deferred Enforced Departure (DED)
•Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
AND CONSULAR PRACTICE
• Representation before the USCIS throughout the United States and U.S. Consulates worldwide.
• Cancellation of removal
• All types of waivers, including immigration fraud and misrepresentation, certain criminal activity, alien smuggling, and 3-year or 10-year unlawful presence waivers filed abroad or in the United States
• DV1 Visas (“Green Card Lottery”)
• Representation to file citizenship applications.
EMPLOYER IMMIGRATION MATTERS
• Form I-9/IRCA and H-1B Compliance Matters